Last updated: 3/10/18
- Be respectful to all players out-of-character.
- Any threats or intent to harm other players in the community will result in a permanent ban.
- Do not complain about staffing decisions in game or in global chat. Appeals or reports can be made on the forums.
- In game currency may not be sold or traded for real life items, currency or credits
- Avoiding punishments by any means is forbidden.
- A staff member has final say on all rule interpretations including those not explicitly stated in the rules.
- Anyone caught baiting or encouraging others to violate rules will have an equal or greater punishment to the rule violation.
- GOLDEN RULE: USE COMMON SENSE!
Random Death Match (RDM)
- Players directly harming your life, property and/or freedom may be killed without warning.
- Raids and hits can be completed by killing without warning.
- All other cases require a valid 10 second warning, including a clear set of instructions, delivered through typed chat. It is the full responsibility of the person giving the warning to ensure all intended targets are aware of the warning. If the target has completed the instructions in full, you may not kill them. The action to be completed and the amount of time they have to complete the said action shall be included in all 10 second warnings for the warning to be valid.
- Group warnings shall only be authorized for 10 second leave warnings.
- Example: Drop 1k or die you have 10 seconds. | Leave or die you have 10 seconds.
- If a target of which a warning and/or inducing action is being directed too shows hostile intent OR ignorance of the instruction, such as but not limited to specifically pulling out a weapon (and not the other way around), escaping, un-holstering a weapon, etc. then action can be made instant.
- Examples of Inducing Actions: Stunsticking, Raping, Mugging, Pimp Slapping, and etc.
- The mayor may not be killed during Mayor Grace for any reason. Mayors Grace is voided by the Mayor executing anything RP related beyond what is done automatically (like default laws)
- You also may not camp the mayors office during his grace with the purpose of killing him afterwards.
- Your character may not use information beyond its knowledge and beyond its current life. This includes but is not limited to any form of revenge killing, warrant, wanting, or demoting
Props and Entities
- Prop/Entity/Door spamming, blocking, climbing, surfing, and minging is not allowed.
- Do not spawn props/move props inside of other players’ bases, do not do it during raids, and do not do it inside of a server event.
- Building abnormally large bases or other RP-restricting structures (i.e things blocking the road) will result in them being removed.
Basing and Building
- You may have a building sign (using textscreen) to isolate and protect yourself from the RP world provided you do not have any raidables, and you are not engaging in role-play. It must be removed when you are finished.
- The maximum amount of fading doors per base is three.
- A keypad to a fading door must be clearly identifiable.
- Bases cannot force players to crouch, jump, crouch jump, or precision walk at any location within.
- Fading bridges and sky-constructions are not allowed.
- Base entrances as well as the overall inner layout must be absolutely clear and concise. (i.e mazes, traps, puzzles, etc.)
- You may not build anywhere in the vicinity of the main intersection point in front of spawn, nor may you build anywhere on the immediate sidewalks directly adjacent the spawn entrances/exits :: Danktown / C18
- You are free to protect players that you have RP relationship with (the first rule of RDM extends to these people).
- Ways to be RP related:
- Job/Class – This takes precedence over all other RP relation. You must also follow all class rules before considering RP relation.
- Owning the same base - You may only protect those within the vicinity of your base.
- Organization – An organization can be made for $50,000 .
- Hired/Working Together – You must be either hired through F4, or have your job name set as: /job "with person/org name here*"
- Customer Relationship – Whilst performing your transaction you have RP relation with your customer
Raiding, Mugging, and Hostage Taking
- You (and those RP related with you) must wait 10 minutes before performing these actions on the same person, base, or organization. This does not apply to Police Officers re-raiding bases for illegal infractions or players raiding out of jail by means of escaping.
- Maximum $1,000
- Must grant victims 10 seconds to oblige unless they are escaping
- Any signs of hostile intent from the victim (taking out weaponry) is KOS, this does NOT include if the victim already has a weapon out.
- Any signs of clear clear clear clear CLEAR attempts of escape from the victim renders them KOS
- Hostage ransom cannot exceed $10,000.
- Once you’ve completed your raid, you must leave immediately. You cannot occupy the base.
- Leaving the raid zone at any point during the raid activates your raid timer, and you may not come back.
- If it is obvious that there are no raidables in a base, you may not raid.
- You may raid checkpoints as to dismantle their purpose.
Every class has their RP relation, ability to raid, ability to mug, and ability to take hostages listed on their descriptions.
- Demotions are only for people who fail to satisfy the objectives of a certain job. Unique scenarios for demotion may be provided in the class rules below.
- If a staff member is online, do not demote for server rule violations.
- In the PD, the Mayor has final say on building defenses. If they waive this right, then it is passed on to the Police Chief.
- The mayor cannot set laws that allow for rule violations or hinder role-play (including any law that restricts building)
- The mayor may not run for the next mayor vote if they have switched jobs mid-term.
Police Specific Rules:
- Police must arrest instead of kill after giving a valid 10 second warning
- Police may be asked to leave the inside of a base and/or stop impeding a door/exit legally and without risk to the opposite party of arrest, else they risk fair demotion.
- Police must only want/warrant an individual off of definite and visible infractions. One exception includes advertisements displaying explicit hit and/or printers.
- Police must grant individuals clear warnings in chat during lockdowns
- Police may arrest people past the PD lobby or KOS them if they are armed with hostile intent
- Police may resort to KOS if a seemingly harmless wanted criminal takes out weaponry after being wanted
- Police may only build checkpoints if authorized by the Mayor
- Police may not place illegal items inside a base to arrest or warrant them
- Police may only raid with a warrant
- Police cannot raid with criminals
- IF a player is wanted, the police must make every attempt to arrest FIRST, unless they are armed with hostile intent. Do not confuse this with the police absolutely having to acknowledge crime, they have every right to be corrupt and ignore it.
Grounds for demotion include:
- Violating custom laws. However, they can be immune to laws and hierarchy whenever they may prohibit them from performing their duties.
- Setting laws that give special treatment to a particular person or group
- Receiving payment for law changes
- Refusing to enforce the laws
- Insubordination (Not obeying lawful orders given by leadership jobs)
DJ and Cinema Owner
- DJ’s may not place their radio within the vicinity of another already-established radio
- No porn, illegal garbage, or racist garbage is to be played on your media
- NOT governed by the RDM rules
- May not be RP related to anyone except fellow meth heads
- NOT governed by the RDM rules
- NOT governed by the raid cooldown
- May not be RP related to anyone other than themselves
- May not raid players with Building Signs
- You may not raid with other Zombies as a non-Zombie class and vice-versa
- You may not kill/raid the Dictator during his Grace.
- Do not scam. "Vendoring" encompasses all trade and transactions, even while not being a vendor job, done via (PM), (YELL), and (CHAT). Also, this holds no relation to "Gambling", something that users should be utilizing through functions already found on the server (Gambling Machines). If you are scammed after free hand gambling with other players on the server without utilizing the gambling machines, or you are scammed via transactions not found in non-global chats (ADVERT), you are completely on your own.
Sit watching is an opportunity for potential staff to learn how we conduct day-to-day operations as a staff member. Anyone may request to be a sit watcher, but you can be denied for any reason. Furthermore, if you are accepted, you must abide by the following rules:
- You be actively sit watching at all times
- You may not disrupt any sits in progress or engage in inappropriate behavior in the sit room
For specific grey-area scenarios, please check out our FAQ: